So much Red!

Khorne Berzerkers. Of course Berzerkers. This is a Warhammer 40k army I have been working on for longer than I would really like to relate (some of the models were newly released when I bought them new so many moons ago). These pictures are of a very small part of the Berzerker Horde I have in the works. This is as far as I have gotten so far.

This particular unit is a rescue job. I got them second hand, and instead of taking the time to strip them properly and start over, I hit them with a gray primer and got stuck in. I’m finding the less prep time I have to do the more readily I get started with color.

I started with a 1:1 mix of old GW Mechrite Red and Chaos Black for a dark base. Then layered up with a Liquitex Acrylic Ink Napthal Red. For the next layer I used Vallejo Model Air’s Red. The highlight I used a 1:1 mix of GW Flame Red and an old Ral Partha Goblin Orange.

Before adding washes and metallic paints, I started blocking in all the black areas on the models. For this I used Golden Liquid Acrylics Carbon Black. It seems to thin down well enough for model work.

Lets see if I can keep my momentum going.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s