Still Going

Still working out the kinks.

It’s been a while since my last post or hobby time update. I’ve got a few walls to get through, but I think I am getting back on track. I’m putting together a more consistent schedule to keep to and hope the ride gets smoother.

Watching Glue Dry….

Still forging ahead on this project. Some dead ends and u-turns, but tenacity in kit-bashing is what sees me through the long projects (wit or without planning – I recommend some planning though). I am liking how the pistons have turned out. I used plastic pipes of two different sizes and green stuff. I tried for a raw muscle look on the green stuff to add some more gore to a models name “Skull Cannon”, but don’t think it is quite looking right. I may go back over the green stuff areas with a green stuff “skin” to see how that would look any better. I may use it to add scales or try for a flayed look. Still mulling that over.

Before fixing that I will forge on and finish the bases. Maybe a finished base will make the greens stuff look better. To keep with my other models it will be mostly fine gravel to keep it simple.

Time Away and Magpies…

Too much Time away lets my brain and the Hobbiest in me wonder a little too mcuch. The hobby magpie in me has struck again. Another project on the go, building my own custom Skull Cannons of Khorne. The GW sculpts, while great, just never sat with me. So the masochist in me decided to kitbash three of them for my Khorne Demons…more project in the works …

Slight Progress

With work load increasing in both my Day Job and School starting again, some momentum has been lost. But here is a small update. I was able to finish adding some basing materials to the Demon Princes and primed them. Black base primer then hit them with a white primer from above. Hopefully this will give them a zenithal highlight.

Fingers crossed.

More Projects


So many Projects on the go. Of course like a Hobby Magpie, I have to break from my feverish painting of Red Berzerkers and start another project.

Two Demon (Daemon?) Princes for the Hordes of Chaos that are now crowding my painting table. The one on the left my cousin built our of his bits box. I added some more Green Stuff sculpting on his back and the base. The one on the right is a rescue off of Mindtaker Miniatures. More pictures to come with more basing materials on both and some primer …. and paint (I hope).

So much Red!

Khorne Berzerkers. Of course Berzerkers. This is a Warhammer 40k army I have been working on for longer than I would really like to relate (some of the models were newly released when I bought them new so many moons ago). These pictures are of a very small part of the Berzerker Horde I have in the works. This is as far as I have gotten so far.

This particular unit is a rescue job. I got them second hand, and instead of taking the time to strip them properly and start over, I hit them with a gray primer and got stuck in. I’m finding the less prep time I have to do the more readily I get started with color.

I started with a 1:1 mix of old GW Mechrite Red and Chaos Black for a dark base. Then layered up with a Liquitex Acrylic Ink Napthal Red. For the next layer I used Vallejo Model Air’s Red. The highlight I used a 1:1 mix of GW Flame Red and an old Ral Partha Goblin Orange.

Before adding washes and metallic paints, I started blocking in all the black areas on the models. For this I used Golden Liquid Acrylics Carbon Black. It seems to thin down well enough for model work.

Lets see if I can keep my momentum going.