After family tragedies and a heck of a year on top of that, I’m trying to ease back into painting. I found some Second Edition 40k Chaos Marines for a really good price and thought some good nostalgia would help. Getting some paint on these as soon as I clean them and dig out my old paint scheme from “back in the day”.
Watching Glue Dry….
Still forging ahead on this project. Some dead ends and u-turns, but tenacity in kit-bashing is what sees me through the long projects (wit or without planning – I recommend some planning though). I am liking how the pistons have turned out. I used plastic pipes of two different sizes and green stuff. I tried for a raw muscle look on the green stuff to add some more gore to a models name “Skull Cannon”, but don’t think it is quite looking right. I may go back over the green stuff areas with a green stuff “skin” to see how that would look any better. I may use it to add scales or try for a flayed look. Still mulling that over.
Before fixing that I will forge on and finish the bases. Maybe a finished base will make the greens stuff look better. To keep with my other models it will be mostly fine gravel to keep it simple.
Time Away and Magpies…
Too much Time away lets my brain and the Hobbiest in me wonder a little too mcuch. The hobby magpie in me has struck again. Another project on the go, building my own custom Skull Cannons of Khorne. The GW sculpts, while great, just never sat with me. So the masochist in me decided to kitbash three of them for my Khorne Demons…more project in the works …
With work load increasing in both my Day Job and School starting again, some momentum has been lost. But here is a small update. I was able to finish adding some basing materials to the Demon Princes and primed them. Black base primer then hit them with a white primer from above. Hopefully this will give them a zenithal highlight.