It’s been a while since my last post or hobby time update. I’ve got a few walls to get through, but I think I am getting back on track. I’m putting together a more consistent schedule to keep to and hope the ride gets smoother.
Still forging ahead on this project. Some dead ends and u-turns, but tenacity in kit-bashing is what sees me through the long projects (wit or without planning – I recommend some planning though). I am liking how the pistons have turned out. I used plastic pipes of two different sizes and green stuff. I tried for a raw muscle look on the green stuff to add some more gore to a models name “Skull Cannon”, but don’t think it is quite looking right. I may go back over the green stuff areas with a green stuff “skin” to see how that would look any better. I may use it to add scales or try for a flayed look. Still mulling that over.
Before fixing that I will forge on and finish the bases. Maybe a finished base will make the greens stuff look better. To keep with my other models it will be mostly fine gravel to keep it simple.
Too much Time away lets my brain and the Hobbiest in me wonder a little too mcuch. The hobby magpie in me has struck again. Another project on the go, building my own custom Skull Cannons of Khorne. The GW sculpts, while great, just never sat with me. So the masochist in me decided to kitbash three of them for my Khorne Demons…more project in the works …